Wednesday 27 July 2011

JusT a Lousy Experience......

I would like to share one of my experiences from the recent past (about 6 months ago) regarding the service standards of FloraIndia & how it treats the customers.


FloraIndia

FloraIndia is an online gift delivery site which not only delivers flowers but certain gifts as well as cakes. Since I have already used their services once, I decided to go with them for the delivery of a gift. I placed the order & made the payment through debit card for the next day delivery. I received the confirmation from their side and it was all OK.

The trouble started when I received an email from their customer team at 7.20 in the evening that the address lies beyond their service limit so they can't deliver & asked me to reschedule the order, place & time. I immediately wrote back to them that I had used their services to deliver to the same address in the past also so how come it doesn't lie in their service limit & even if that was the case they should have told me earlier as nobody would be going to accept next day delivery assignment at 8 pm in the evening. So I told them that they had to deliver. I waited for their reply, even tried calling them but all in vain. Finally I asked them to return my payment amount as soon as possible & I didn't want any services from them in the future.

I tried calling their customer care for days but it always seemed to be busy. Then I wrote them a final e-mail asking them to refund my money or else I would have no option but to go to consumer court. I received their call the next day & the guy told me that it takes 15 days for the refunding process. The very next day they send me a screenshot from their software telling me that they have refunded my money. I waited for a few more days & called them back to tell that I haven't received any money in my account & that I need a proper bank account statement / proof & not some internal software screenshot.

The real fact was that they initiated the refund process only when I threatened them with the consumer court action because only after all this conversation, I received an e-mail from CC Avenue (payment gateway) that the merchant has initiated a refund process. In fact the company person was all lying for the past few days & they never initiated the process earlier. I was so pissed off that I wanted to go to consumer court. But after searching on the internet, I came to know even that is a hectic process & will take a lot of time & even will require visits from my side to the court. I just really hope that government can come up with some online grievances settlement process & have more severe penalties in the system for such lousy service providers in the future.....

No comments:

Post a Comment